Matt Swendiman, CFA
“Blueprint is on a mission to ‘win together,’ and that doesn’t happen without partnership – with advisors, with external firms possessing specialized expertise, and among the functional areas of the business. The stereotypes you hear about tenuous relationships with compliance can’t take root in that kind of environment.”
As a compliance officer, Matt’s “let’s find a way” approach to addressing new questions and changes in the industry is an asset that directly contributes to Blueprint’s ability to be an uncommonly great partner to financial advisors. Another asset is his experience working with advisors as an outsourced compliance partner and back- and middle-office solution provider.
Matt began overseeing Blueprint’s compliance function in 2017, but his investment and compliance career began in 1996. He has a variety of experience in these areas, including:
- CEO of Key Bridge Compliance, an outsourced compliance consultancy offering services to RIAs across the U.S.
- Co-founding F/m Acceleration in 2019, which is a back- and middle-office solution provider for RIAs that’s backed by the private equity investor The 4100 Group
- Working for a predecessor of Citi Fund Services in the transfer agent and legal and compliance department for a large third-party mutual fund administrator
- Acting as Chief Legal Officer and Secretary for the mutual fund complex of The Phoenix Companies (now Virtus)
- Wearing multiple hats at Fifth Third Bank, including Chief Administrative Officer for the institutional investment management business; providing legal support to the broker-dealer, insurance, and custody operations; and serving as Secretary and Chief Legal Officer to the Fifth Third Funds, a mutual fund trust with 24 series
Matt’s professional credentials include a CFA charter, CLU designation, ChFC designation, and FINRA Series 7, 24, 66, and 4 licenses.
He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University. He also attended the Oxford University Summer Program while in law school and earned an LLM degree in insurance law from the University of Connecticut.
Matt lives with his wife, Jennifer, in Park Hills, Kentucky. They have three children: Jack, Charlie, and Maggie. He enjoys golfing, spending time at his family’s lake house, reading, and relishing life with his friends and family.